It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:06 pm

PLX Multi Gauges / OBD Scanner

For discussing hardware like injectors, map sensors, interfaces etcetera to be used with ObdTuner.
  • Author

ufods

PLX Multi Gauges / OBD Scanner

PostWed Jan 15, 2014 7:57 pm

Hey Hello.

Does anybody of you use a PLX OBD Scanner / Multigauge with the OBD Tuner Software??

Like this: http://www.plxdevice...=MULTDM100TOUCH

I like to know if i can read out all parameters given by the OBD Tuner Software. Mainly Air Temperatur and Charge Pressure.

Thanks, Christian.

Speerke

Site Admin

Re: PLX Multi Gauges / OBD Scanner

PostThu Jan 16, 2014 6:49 pm

http://www.plxdevices.com/product_info. ... DM100TOUCH

Looks like a really interesting gauge, it looks like you can monitor a number of OBD parameters like boost, inlet temp, etcetera, it can be used to read error codes and it can be used as an OBD interface for ObdTuner to program the car so you will not need a separate OBD interface.

Anyone have one of these to give us some hands-on experience :?:
Less Is More

smiley

PostThu Jan 16, 2014 10:08 pm

Speerke wrote:Anyone have one of these to give us some hands-on experience :?:

I don't have such a fancy gauge, but connected my torque app via bluetooth, and all green options in the screenshots were shown as valid.
http://www.vx220.org.uk/forums/topic/12 ... lti-gauge/

I asume that my ecu (running obdtuner 2.4) is just enabeling what is can show as obd II compliant?

Do you think the ecu will be able to show the tmap temp as a valid obd option, once i enable it in the software?
(and of course swap the map sensor for the tmap sensor)
(right now it only seems to read pressure in the manifold, and not temp, but manifold temp is also not a greyed out option, so i'm afraid not)

ie simply said: does obdtuner change or add the oem obd II options in the ecu in any way?

Speerke

Site Admin

PostSat Jan 18, 2014 5:36 pm

An ECU with ObdTuner will still show all the normal Z22SE OBD data etc. For instance the official garage will not notice any differences.

If you connect a TMAP sensor to your car, the intake temperature will show the boost temperature. This way you can monitor your boost temp with your phone or with this PLX device.

A drawback of using the standard OBD interface is the updates are reasonably slow, if you monitor 3 values at once you will only get one new value every second.
Less Is More

markv

PostWed Jan 29, 2014 5:21 pm

ufods wrote:Does anybody of you use a PLX OBD Scanner / Multigauge with the OBD Tuner Software??

Like this: http://www.plxdevice...=MULTDM100TOUCH

I like to know if i can read out all parameters given by the OBD Tuner Software. Mainly Air Temperatur and Charge Pressure.

I can't comment on the DM100, but I do have the DM6. That one seems to work really well, has a good interface and a clear display. I also have the PLX widebandsensor. I'm currently running a Teensy (arduino compatible) that interfaces OBD to the DM6 gauges, that gives a little bit more flexibility, but is of course more complex :)

Pretty happy with their buildquality, so if the DM100 is anything like their other products it looks promissing.

Regards,

Mark

bargi

PostThu Apr 03, 2014 10:45 pm

Speerke wrote:An ECU with ObdTuner will still show all the normal Z22SE OBD data etc. For instance the official garage will not notice any differences.

If you connect a TMAP sensor to your car, the intake temperature will show the boost temperature. This way you can monitor your boost temp with your phone or with this PLX device.

A drawback of using the standard OBD interface is the updates are reasonably slow, if you monitor 3 values at once you will only get one new value every second.

I've always wondered how the logging function with OBDTuner work?
It seems to take in a lot of information at a greater resolution than 3 values/sec?

hopegreen

PostWed Jun 18, 2014 1:58 pm

FYI

I use SCAN GAUGE II to read speed (my speedometer is broken). After the conversion I can also read MAP sensor and air intake.
I don't know why but the maximum pressure displayed is 104kPa and I achieve 165kPa in logs.
Opel Speedster - standard Supercharged Stage 2
3,35" pulley, setrab intercooler, dual pass mod, proalloy tank, OPC injectors, innovate wideband lambda, itg airbox

Chill

PostThu Jun 19, 2014 1:54 pm

Scangauge can be a little slow in reacting, could be that this is the case

ufods

PostThu Sep 03, 2015 9:59 am

hopegreen wrote:FYI

I don't know why but the maximum pressure displayed is 104kPa and I achieve 165kPa in logs.

it is the the same with the plx deviece. Do not know the reason.

Chill wrote:Scangauge can be a little slow in reacting, could be that this is the case

PLX is faster as you can reduce the amount of regarded sensor which speed up reading

Return to Hardware